I got told off by DB1 yesterday for not doing enough food with bread in. Ahem. He does like his bread, so this is not an unsurprising comment; however, I did take the criticism on board, and have, as a result, gone for a spectacularly bread-based feast tonight.
This one, adapted from a recipe by Anthony Worrall Thompson, is a really filling, tasty take on the humble wrap, but is plenty for an evening’s meal, particularly if you are piggy like me and eat two! Hee hee!
You will need:
1) Half a bag of Quorn mince (the big bag).
2) 2tbsp olive oil.
3) 2 garlic cloves, chopped.
4) 1 onion, chopped.
5) One yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped.
6) 4 flour tortillas (I’m using wholemeal)
7) A generous handful of coriander, chopped.
8) 4tbsp Greek yoghurt
9) 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped.
10) 1/2 tsp of cinammon, turmeric, cumin and mild chilli powder.
How to make it:
1) Begin by preparing your veg, if you haven’t already.
2) Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the mince until browned.
3) Add the onion, garlic, pepper and all the spices and simmer for around 5 minutes.
4) Place the wraps on plates, and spoon in the mince mix, tomatoes, coriander and a dollop of yoghurt. Then simply roll and serve!
Total Cost: About £4.00, so £1.00 per wrap!
The Verdict? Both boys liked the mince and the wrap itself, but were a bit put off by the yoghurt…so if I made it for them again, I’d leave that bit out I think! I personally really liked it, it was a really nice combo of flavours and the yoghurt worked well with it.