We’re keeping things simple today, as we’re all rushing around like mad things, so it’s officially ‘lunch on the run’! (Fellow mummies, you know how it is!)
Feta, Olive and Tomato ‘toastie’
You will need:
1) Around 100g feta, chopped into small pieces.
2) 2 ripe tomatoes (fairly small) chopped into small pieces.
3) As many olives as you like, halved. (I like olives, so ours will officially be ‘olivey’!)
4) 2 tbsp olive oil.
5) Some slices of bread, preferably crusty, even better if home-made. (Not in photograph, as mine is finishing up in the oven!)
There’s the bread!
How to make it:
1) Firstly, prepare the tomatoes, feta and olives, then mix them together in a bowl.
2) Heat the olive oil in a griddle pan and gently fry the slices of bread until toasted each side. (If you want a flavour boost, rub some garlic into the bread after toasting, to enhance the Mediterranean feel!)
3) Spread the tomatoes, feta and olives over the bread, and serve immediately!
Total cost: Around £2.00. So 50p per person.
The Verdict? Very well received all round! Tasty Mediterranean flavour and perfect with crusty bread!