As you may have guessed, Monday is officially MEAT day for the boys, as I’m fasting, so cannot partake in eating with them. So they seize the opportunity to unleash their inner cavemen and chomp down some serious flesh. Ha!
Fancy Parmesan Crusted Chicken Sarnie!
You will need:
1) One chicken breast (I’m just doing this for OH today, probably half a breast is fine per person, particuarly if those breasts are big…ooh err missus!)
2) Around 2tbdp grated Parmesan.
3) 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped.
4) One egg, beaten.
5) Salad and crusty bread to serve.
How to make it:
1) Mix the garlic and cheese in a bowl together.
2) Dip the chicken breast in the egg, coating thoroughly, then dip in the cheese mix. Pop on to a hot griddle pan and fry until cooked.
3) Serve Sarnie style, with two slices of bread and some salad (or in our case, not, as we’ve run out of salad. Whoops!)
Total Cost:Thanks to Aldi, only £1.50 in total. You could easily divide this between two as well, but my OH is a greedy old devil and will polish the lot off himself.
The Verdict? Delicious, apparently! That’s all I could get out of him, as he was too busy shovelling it into his mouth. Ahem.