Cheese and Tomato Crumble
You will need:
1) 500g ripe tomatoes, cherry, plum, whatever you can find!
2) 150g goats cheese.
3) 50g sunflower seeds.
4) 100g breadcrumbs.
5) 5 tbsp olive oil.
6) 40g Parmesan.
(Double these portions if cooking for four, tonight, I’m only cooking for two; well, me and two smalls!)
How to make it:
1) Preheat the oven to 200c and chop the tomatoes roughly. (leaving the cherry tomatoes whole, if using, is fine).
2) Heat 2tbsp oil in a saucepan, then add the tomatoes and cook gently for ten minutes or so. Make sure to stir regularly.
3) When they have cooked, pour half of the tomatoes into a ovenproof dish, and then layer it with half of the goats cheese, crumbled up.
4) Heat the remainder of the oil in a frying pan, and fry the breadcrumbs and sunflower seeds. Mix them well in the pan.
5) Pour the breadcrumb mix over the tomatoes and cheese, then top with grated Parmesan. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes or so.
6) Remove from the oven and serve with salad or the vegetable of your choice!
Total Cost? Roughly £3.20, so £1.07p per person.
The Verdict? Mmm…that is what I call hearty! Yum! Tart tomatoes, tangy cheese, crunchy sunflower seeds…it all works together very nicely!