To honour the arrival of my niece and nephew, we’re doing it a hallowe’en style today…and making pumpkin soup!
Halloween Pumpkin Soup
You will need:
1) A big pumpkin.
2) 1 onion, peeled and chopped.
3) 2tbsp vegetable oil.
4) 1 apple, peeled, chopped and diced.
5) 1 litre vegetable stock.
6) 2tbsp chopped coriander.
7) bread to serve.
8) 1 tsp mild curry powder.
How to make it:
1) Begin by carving your pumpkin up. Take the top off with a sharp knife, scoop out the seedy mess inside, then extract the flesh and pop in a bowl for later.
2) Once you’ve scooped the flesh out of your pumpkin, put the empty pumpkin to one side (10 guesses what to do with that part of the pumpkin!)
3) Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and fry the onion gently for five minutes or so. Then add the curry powder and stir in well.
4) Add the pumpkin and apple and stir well. Then add the stock, bring to the boil, and reduce to a simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes.
5) Leave to cool down a bit, add the chopped coriander, then blend well.
Total Cost? Pumpkin was £3.00, though obviously served a multipurpose requirement, ha ha. In total, about £4.20.
And you want to see the rest of the pumpkin?.