I have got a bit of a love affair with my slow cooker. (Not literally, that would be wrong on so many levels.) Its an excellent bit of equipment to have in the kitchen, not least because its a little bit like magic…you chuck a load of stuff in, and then voila, a nice meal emerges a few hours later.
This easy Hotpot is a brilliant slow cooker recipe, nice and easy, and tasty to boot.
Slow Cooked Sausage Hotpot
You will need:
1) Some sausages (I cook these seperately, to make the skins crispy, and also use Quorn. Is entirely up to you though, it is perfectly fine to welly them into the slow cooker with everything else!)
2) 1 red onion, peeled and chopped.
3) 1 leek, thinly sliced.
4) 2tbsp tomato purée
5) 1 tin tomatoes.
6) 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced.
7) 1 can baked beans.
8) 1 tbsp Worcester sauce.
9) 1 tsp paprika.
10) 75ml red wine.
11) 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped.
How to make it:
1) Very simple, shove it all in the slow cooker for around 7-8 hours (checking sweet potato is soft, if not, crank up the heat setting). Then add sausages, if you’ve cooked them separately!
2) Serve with crusty bread for a nice, simple and satisfying meal!
Total Cost: Around £4.00, but makes a lot, so plenty for tomorrow lunch too!
The Verdict? We all like this one! It’s a nice flavoursome meal for winter. Thank you, Mr Slow Cooker!